I love how Travis’ family treats me like I’m part of it. They always cook for me and take me places. And when they won’t do something for Travis, they’ll do it for me n_n Even the family friends know me by now. His brothers always take my side, include me in everything, invite me to all the places they go. Trav’s parents always want me to sleep over every time they see me and every time my family is fighting, they offer to let me live with them. It’s a great feeling knowing that I am loved so much by my best friend’s family.
Waiting for the next all styles battle. I’m craving one, forreal. Bboy/bgirl events are great to be a part of but I want to be the one who’s on the floor, throwing down with someone. I miss getting crazy and hyped up.
I was working on my horror narrative and I came to a realization. It’s hardly any different from what I normally write about. It’s comfort for me to write about things that come from deep, dark places, literally and metaphorically. The words that ended up in my story are words that I would put down for fun. And another thing. The horror isn’t some monster lurking under your bed or boogeyman outside your window. It’s the horror of the human mind. It’s what happens when you lose it. Or realize you never had it to begin with. Psychological play.
Number 1 - There was a scarecrow hanging on the wall and everyone was scared that it was gonna jump down, which it did. They all screamed and ran away. I, however, was closely watching a smaller part of the scarecrow (his fingers) to see if he was moving even the slightest. I saw his fingertips shake a little so I was prepared for when he came down. He tried to get in my face but I just stared at him and walked past him.
Number 2 - Some taaaaalllll ass guy was scaring the people in front of me and they ran ahead, seperating themselves from me.
- He stepped in my path and said in his “scary” voice, “Where do you think you’re going?”
- And I was laughing and promptly replied while pointing at him, “Paaast you, daaawg.”
- At that point, he moved to the side and said “Good answer.”
Number Three - A shorter guy was in between Shaz and I and he came right up to my face.
- I had no reaction but to smile and say “Oh, hi. I thought you were in my group.”
- He said in his normal voice, “Yeah, I know. I get that a lot.”
Number 4 - Shaz says “I sue if you touch me!” She’s that kind of high maintenance girl.
So one of the creatures bump her head softly with their hand and I bust out laughing.
Number 5 - The stupidest part and the time I was the most deafened was the least scariest part of the whole walk through. We walk into the bathroom house of the Plantation and there’s no other door to go through. So Travis whips out his phone for light and looks around. For some fucking odd reason, every girl starts screaming their loudest and there’s no monster or anything. I’m dead center in the middle of everyone so my ears are fucked.
Number 6 - The whole time, when any of the monsters or creatures got in my way, I would just stand there and say “Excuse me.”
Number 7 - The chainsaw guys were hilarious. They were chasing my friends aunty around in circles. One came up to me and I looked up at him and said “Hiiiii.”
Number 8 - The scariest character was the weird chick wearing the kimono with the white make up and gashes all over her face. She was in a room lit with green lights and she had these target looking yellow contacts. Creepy slow japanese music played (on a koto) and she had these rusty shears in one hand and her eyes were darting from place to place perfectly. Even then, Trav and I told her she was the creepiest and that she had a nice costume.
Number 9 - Some monster jumped out in front of the door, stood in this gay pose and said “I like pancakes.”
I had a lot of fun at Haunted Plantation but it wasn’t scary at all. I guess I’m just not scared of stuff like that. I’m glad I went with the people I did though. They made it fun and funny. I just really wish Alex could have gone. I have yet to find a movie and a haunted attraction that materializes my fears. But I’ll keep looking.
It was worth the money.
I went shopping again today. I picked up about 10 things I liked but ended up only buying a pair of heels. On the way home, I got a call from Travis. I ignored it but ended up calling him back and promising I would drop in on Kassie’s party. Got there kind of irritated but Travis, Kassie and Becks cheered me up. There were all these caucasian people playing ultimate frisbee and we were naming all of them and commentating the game. Ate a bit, met a lot of new people, watched a waterballoon fight, talked with Travis about everything. Everyone was playing shambattle too. Chris ended up giving me, Trav, and Kass nachos that no one else had and then we dug out. Matt, Travis’ older brother took us home. Trav and I sat in the back of the truck and we had a slingshot. The back was filled with empty cans and bottles so we were shooting the bottlecaps off the back of the truck. Chilled it at Trav’s house for 10 minutes and his mom drove us to the street leading down into the plantation. We walked down and went through some sort of weird festival. I was not really surprised when we got to the Plantation and there were at least a thousand - two thousand people. Saw his math teacher, and some other people we knew. We waited for an hour to buy general admission and made friends with the women behind us. They were super nice and funny. Waited another 2 hours and Travis and I cut twice in line. I was beatboxing and this kid started bobbing his head and complimenting me. His friends and I, along with Travis, started talking about dancing and joking around. The guy was acting stupid and hardstyling but it was really funny. Ended up leaving the line to upgrade to the Fast Pass. Had a little conversation with the director and owner of the company that puts on the Haunted Plantation. Went to the fast pass line and we got in in less than 10 minutes. I held onto Travis for about a minute but I let go because it wasn’t even scary at all. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great but I just don’t get scared easily. My ears hurt from the girls screaming. Finished the walk through without so much as a spook. Went to drop Becky off and then headed back to Travis’ house where we saw an ambulance taking away his grandpa. Chilled it with Ernest, Matt, Chris, Nate and Trav’s parents. They were all drinking. Chris wanted to film me dance so I freestyled a little to “Green Light” by Roll Deep. Travis’ mom made me dinner, adobo and rice. I also got these flaky desserts with white chocolate, apple and caramel. Walked all the way down his long street to meet someone who wasn’t there. Travis and I ran back to house, wich wasn’t the greatest idea in heels but I still ran as fast as Travis. Kicked it and now I’m home.
I just submitted my paper for my analysis to Turn It In by retyping the whole damn thing on my brother’s phone. At least I got it done. I’m also dropping my chorus class and switching into a science class. Not happy per say, but it is the only thing I can do to ensure I fulfill all my credit requirements. Doing my community service next week with Jeff and Erika at an A+ program working with little kids.
Give me your all or leave it at nothing.
I won’t help you up because I’m getting tired of it. It’s a bitch helping you pick up the pieces of your heart and holding what should have been mine in the first place for such a fleeting moment. Then it’s back on the quest to find the right one for you, isn’t it? And it’s back to being overlooked and underappreciated for me. I don’t dig that shit. I’m not one to give up but sometimes, I just gotta let go of what’s holding me back.
And right now, that’s you.
3.714 GPA last quarter.
Saw the honor roll today.
I’m gonna try to keep it at 3.5 and above while teaching dance and doing 120+ hours of community service.
Good thing I have my good friends to help me out and to keep me level.
A life that has not been looked back upon or thought about is one that has no value. What is life if you just trudge forward, never stopping, for even a moment to look back and reflect on what you’ve been through? It is true that you should never let your past stop you from making a better future but if you never reminisce or go through your past situations, you will never learn and you will never grow.
If you choose to never settle your past issues,
You’ll just have to deal with them for the rest of your life.
Already guaranteed to go. Just craving that hype atmosphere right now. AOT’s exhibition is gonna be crazy and I’m excited for Travis’ exhibition against Attack. I’m also pretty excited for Evan and Jack’s battle, plus what’s supposed to happen after it.
Travis and I planned to do our usual Level Up routine when we have time, which consists of looking for clothes at the merchandise vendors, then sitting on the edge of the fountain or at the tables and talking shit LOL n___n
Day 1 - 10 people who have had an impact on your life, who they are and why/how.
1. Erika Arriba.
- My soul sister and the one person I feel truly understands me. She makes life easier and more enjoyable. Never ever fought with her because of how chill we are together. We have the same thoughts and we’re similar in many ways but also very different. She eases my pain just by existing.
2. Travis Cabjuan.
- My best friend. I’ve been through so much with him. He’s hurt me over and over and I took it. I always forgave him, told him it was okay. But I make him suffer for it sometimes. I love spending time with him alone, it reminds me of how we first met. He treats me like family and it’s great knowing that I could show up on his doorstep at 1 in the morning and I would be taken in without hesitation. Sometimes I look at him and I realize that I’m lucky to have a best friend in him.
3. Alex Takashy.
- He provides me the best conversations. I absolutely love talking to him. I sometimes want everyone to go away just so I can talk to him about random stuff like horror movies and stupid girls. There’s something about him I can’t quite pin down but all I know is that it must be something amazing. He’s one of the most understanding people I know and he’s seen me at my worst, my best and my weirdest and he still loves me the same. I find that too good to be true.
4. Maverick Magann.
- Taught me what love is, as corny as it may sound. I had a good few years with him. It’s all over now but I appreciate what happened. I learned a lot.
5. Kristin Medina.
- You better weeeeerk! I hardly ever hang out with her but when I do, it’s non stop talking. Catching up with her has to be some of the funniest times ever. I can’t really explain why we’re such good friends, we just really click. One of the nicest girls I’ve ever come across in life and knowing her, I see how important it is to be kind hearted at times.
6. Whoop Arriba.
- The sweetest guy I know. I haven’t spent time with him in forever but it’s one of those friendships, the one where it doesn’t matter how often you hang out or how far apart you are. It’s bredren-sistrenhood. We’ll be close forever. Inspires me in a lot of different aspects of life, seeing how great his life is turning out after adjusting.
7. Andrew K.
Taught me too much. Too fucking much. He’s still a missing persons case. Gone like nothing, no one at all knows what happened to him.